Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Recommend Scholarly Journal Articles and Websites
- Link to Jainpedia (website on Jain manuscripts)
- D. Fairchild Ruggles, "At the Margins of Architectural and Landscape History: The Rajputs of South Asia." In Muqarnas, An Annual on the Visual Cultures of the Islamic World. Gulru Nedipoglu, ed. Volume 30, 2013.
- Krista Gulbransen, "Reassessing the Origins of the Portrait Genre in Bundi: A Case Study in Northern Indian Artistic Exchange," in Artibus Asiae volume 77, Number 2.
- Molly Emma Aitken, "The Laud Ragamala Album, Bikaner, and the Sociability of Submarginal Painting". In Archives of Asian Art, vol. 63, no.1 (2013), pg.27-58.
- Vishakha Desai, "Painting and Politics in Seventeenth Century North India: Mewar, Bikaner, and the Mughal Court". Art Journal, v.49, no.4, winter 1990.
- Molly Emma Aitken, "Pardah and Portrayal: Rajput Women as Subjects, Patrons, and Collectors." Artibus Asiae, vol. 62, no.2, pgs. 247-280, 2002.