Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current semester workshops
Spring 2023 Schedule:
- Monday, January 30 at 12pm, Library 314 or via Zoom | Register for this workshop.
- This workshop will be offered in a hybrid format. You may attend in-person or online.
- This workshop will not be recorded. A recording of this workshop from Fall 2022 is already available online.
In this workshop, you’ll learn a method for planning qualitative data analysis (QDA) and choosing which tools you’ll need for your project. We begin by focusing on the intended outcomes of your project and moving back from there to decide your next steps.
By the end of the workshop, you should be able to:
- Identity research projects at different levels (e.g. knowledge, personal, publication)
- Describe the data you will use for your project and how the data type(s) and volume will impact your analysis plan.
- Articulate your ethical commitments and relationship with any research participants in order to ensure your analysis plan meets these commitments.
- Identify specific data analysis strategies that you may use in your research project.
- Identify which tools are needed for your project, including any QDA-specific software.