Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Spring 2023 Schedule
- Monday, February 20 at 12pm | Register for this workshop.
- This workshop will be offered in a hybrid format. You may choose to attend in Library 314 or via Zoom.
- This workshop will not be recorded. A recording of this workshops from Fall 2022 is already available online.
NVivo is a software for conducting qualitative and mixed methods analysis. Within an NVivo file, you can upload and analyze text, multimedia, or survey data in a way that helps you answer your research question. In this workshop, we’ll work towards an understanding of NVivo’s capabilities and explore how this tool can be used in your research plan.
This workshop does not assume any previous knowledge of NVivo or other QDA software.
By the end of the workshop, we expect that you’ll be able to:
- Access NVivo and identify which version you are using.
- Describe the basic capabilities of NVivo, including:
- Data types that can be analyzed
- How to upload and analyze survey data
- How to manually and automatically code data
- Ways to view coded data using NVivo’s query system
- Collaboration capabilities
- Describe how the basic features of NVivo can be used in your own data analysis plan