Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Schedule a Workshop
I teach workshops on qualitative data analysis each Fall and Spring semester through the Scholarly Commons' Savvy Researcher workshop series. If you'd like to schedule a workshop for your class or other group, please contact me.
Social Sciences Research Librarian
I'm the subject specialist librarian for Sociology, Geography & GIS, and Anthropology. I also specialize in qualitative research tools and strategies. I work in the Social Sciences, Health & Education Library, on the first floor of the Main Library.
Social Sciences, Health, & Education Library
Qualitative Data Analysis Workshops -- Spring 2021
Planning Qualitative Data Analysis
There are many tools and strategies for qualitative data analysis, but which approach you take depends on your research question and methodology. In this interactive workshop, we'll talk though the specifics of your research project to make a plan for qualitative data analysis that helps you meet your goals.
By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- analyze your research project to articulate your goals for your qualitative data analysis
- use your goals and methodological approach to develop a data analysis plan
- decide what qualitative data analysis (including CAQDAS software) are needed for your research plan.
February 5, 2021 11am-12pm -- Planning Qualitative Data Analysis| Register
February 10, 2021 4-5pm -- Planning Qualitative Data Analysis | Register
(Free!) Qualitative Data Analysis with Taguette
Many full-featured (and expensive!) qualitative data analysis (QDA) software programs are overkill for exploratory analysis or when you're on a deadline. In this workshop, we'll walk through setting up a project in the open source QDA software Taguette. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- Install Taguette or access the web-based version of the program
- Import textual qualitative data into Taguette
- Code your data using Taguette
- Export your coded data and codebook for further analysis.
February 12, 2021 11am-12pm -- (Free!) Qualitative Data Analysis with Taguette | Register
March 10, 2021 4-5pm -- (Free!) Qualitative Data Analysis with Taguette | Register
NVivo is a popular tool for analyzing qualitative data. In this workshop, we'll work through the process of setting up a research project in NVivo. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to
- Import your qualitative data into NVivo
- Describe the coding tools in NVivo and decide how to apply the tools to your project
- Use NVivo's query tools to explore your data
February 16, 2021 4-5pm -- Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo | Register
March 19, 2021 11am-12pm -- Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo | Register
Atlas.ti is a popular tool for analyzing qualitative data. In this workshop we'll work through the process of setting up a research project in Atlas.ti. By the end of the workshop, we expect you'll be able to:
- Import your qualitative data into Atlas.ti
- Describe the coding tools in Atlas.ti and decide how to apply the tools to your project and research questions.
February 19, 2021 11-12am -- Qualitative Data Analysis with Atlas.ti | Register
March 16, 2021 -- Qualitative Data Analysis with Atlas.ti | Register