Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The U.S. Department of State provides information on traveling to various countries, including passport and visa requirements. Further information about Namibia can be found on their website.
UNICEF Education Budget Brief
Each year UNICEF, the United Nations Children's Fund, releases a budget brief reviewing the government of Namibia's expenditures on education. This detailed report from the 2020-2021 school year offers statistical analysis, recommendations, and trends seen with education spending.
Natural Disasters and School Emergency Drills
Flooding: Namibia is at risk of both coast and river flooding in the north. Monitor the local news for pertinent information.
Droughts, Extreme Heat, and Wildfires: These three natural disasters are becoming more common in Namibia with climate change. Temperatures are rising and water is becoming scarcer, causing these three phenomenon to exacerbate one another.
Education System Background Information
- Namibia's Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture
- This online portal for the Ministry of Education provides information for students, details about the agency's response to the COVID-19 pandemic, upcoming events, and photo galleries.
- National Institute for Educational Development
- The National Institute for Educational Development (NIED) is a distinct group within the Ministry of Education, Arts and Culture that focuses on curriculum development. Based on research and classrooms trials, NIED creates thoughtful curriculum for learners of all ages, from elementary school students to instructors' continuing professional development.
- World Data on Education: Seventh Edition 2010-11
- This publication from UNESCO's International Bureau of Education provides detailed information on the education systems of 163 countries worldwide, with an emphasis on curricula and curriculum development processes.
CIA World Factbook: Namibia
For more general information about the country of Namibia, try the CIA World Factbook. This resource provides information about the geography of the country, including natural hazards. Some educational information is included underneath the "People and Society" section
The Peace Corps welcomes you to Namibia : a Peace Corps publication for new volunteers
Call Number: Government Documents Online Collection
Publication Date: 2013
Although this online guide is aimed at incoming Peace Corps volunteers, it also contains general information about the country, culture, and customs relevant to any American traveler to Namibia.
For more information about the history and cultural norms of Namibia search the library's catalog.
Try searching using the following keywords:
- Namibia -- social life and customs
- Windhoek (Namibia)
- Namibia -- History
- Namibia -- Politics and culture