Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The U.S. Department of State provides information on traveling to various countries, including passport and visa requirements. Further information about Ireland can be found on their website.
Natural Hazards in Ireland
The Geological Survey of Ireland provides information about the different natural hazards encountered throughout the country.
Natural Disasters and School Emergency Drills
Flooding: There is the risk of coastal and river flooding, as well as, groundwater flooding in Ireland. Keep apprised of flooding risk through the local news.
Landslides: Landslides are closely monitored by the Geological Survey of Ireland, with more information of the hazard here.
Tsunamis: As a coastal country, Ireland is at a potential risk of tsunamis from the Pacific Ocean.
Wildfires and Extreme Heat: These two natural disasters are becoming more prevalent in Ireland as the world's climate changes.
European Education Periodicals
Higher Education in Europe
Analysis of major trends and developments in higher education, research reports, statistical data, information on national systems on international mobility, and lists of conferences.
European Commission: Education and Training, 2019
Reports on 28 countries are complied based on qualitative and quantitative research methods. This evidence is used to assess the educational policies of EU member states.
Finding More Resources in the Library Catalog
To find more information about the educational system of Ireland, try these tips for searching the library catalog to find books, magazines or journals, DVDs, and many other resources:
Here are some keywords that may be useful in your search:
- Education, higher -- Ireland
- Ireland-- curricula
- Curriculum planning
- Curriculum evaluation
Ireland's Department of Education
- Department of Education
- The homepage for Ireland's Department of Education provides many useful resources to those familiarizing themselves with Ireland's education system.
- Educational Models and Policies
- An overview of Ireland's education system, from early childhood through higher education, is detailed on this page. Policies, curriculum, and school evaluations are available here.
- Education Statistics
- The most recent education statistical reports are available here, from individual schools to the national level. Data includes information about learners, teachers, and future projections.
- Learning and Assessment 2021-2022
- Guidance for the 2021-2022 school year is available here. This report covers school re-openings following the COVID-19 pandemic, pedagogy, and DEIA initiatives and work.
Information on the Education Systems
Travel and Cultural Norms
For information about cultural norms in Ireland, try these resources:
Try searching using the following keywords:
- Ireland -- social life and customs
- Etiquette -- Ireland
- Ireland -- Guidebooks
- Visitors, Foreign -- Ireland