Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
In this Guide
In this guide, you will find research tools from various resources and subject areas:
- General Sources: Bibliographies on various Colombian topics.
- National Bibliography: National Colombian Bibliographies.
- History: Bibliographies for Colombian historical research, including indices from Historic Archives.
- Art and Literature: Subject-specific bibliographies.
- Media: Resources addressing the Colombian media.
- Databases: Online databases both open access and available by subscription through the University of Illinois Library.
- Catalogs: The University of Illinois Library catalogs and from various national Colombian and university libraries.
- Online Resources: Relevant and original research resources accessible online or digitized primary sources.
- Campo Elías Palencia Memorial Fund: Describes the valuable contribution to the library by the Palencia family.
Additional Resources from the IASL- Latin America and the Caribbean Studies
Latin America in Video
Latin America in Video offers quality original language documentaries from some of the most important producers and independent filmmakers in Latin America. The films were produced in Latin America, by Latin Americans, about Latin American issues, such as cultural identity, political history, human rights, popular culture, agribusiness, education, religion, and much more.
Provided by Alexander Street
Welcome to this Research Guide to Colombia
Welcome to the Research Guide to Colombia. The purpose of this guide is to compile and share relevant research resources for the study of Colombia and make this guide available to students, staff, faculty, and visiting scholars at the University of Illinois Libraries and beyond. In addition to highlighting print resources in the collection, the guide also provides information about Colombian e-resources. Material highlighted covers different subject areas, but mostly focuses on the humanities and the arts. Most of the resources listed here are in Spanish language.
The databases are a selected sample of the possible e-resources available. We provide access to both databases available to university affiliated patrons, as well as resources in open access available to all. While this guide aims to be comprehensive, some researchers might need extra assistance with particular topics. We encourage you to contact Prof. Antonio Sotomayor, Librarian of Latin America and Caribbean Studies, for further assistance regarding your research.
Guide Prepared by:
Catalina Hernandez-Cabal - Graduate Student
Antonio Sotomayor - Librarian of Latin American & Caribbean Studies
International and Area Studies Library
Subjects: African Studies
, Chinese Studies
, European Union
, Global Studies
, Japanese Studies
, Korean Studies
, Latin America
, Middle East
, Religious Studies
, Slavic & East European
, South Asian Studies