Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Other Industry Information Finding Aids
The University Library has created a guide to resources for industry information.
Finding NAICS codes
To locate NAICS information for individual companies, search using company research databases. Use the links below to locate NAICS information for specific industry sectors or subsectors.
Finding Industry Information with Hoovers
In addition to company profile information, Hoovers publishes First Reports, which include industry trends, forecasts, ratios, and "Call Prep Questions." In addition to Industry Profiles, there are State & Province Profiles, Sales & Marketing Templates, and Industry Prospector (building an industry list based upon metrics).
Note that you can only access these reports from the UIUC campus network or the VPN. If you're off-campus and don't have access to the VPN, see the box at left for other options.
Accessing an industry report
- Connect to Hoovers Online through the University Library
- Click the Continue button on the Mergent website
- Click the Industries tab on the Hoover's main page
- Type the name of the industry you want to search in the search box
- Click the name of the industry on the search results screen
Printing an industry report
- On the industry page, click Print Report
- In the pop-up window, select Create Your Own Report
- Click Select All to include all report sections
- Click the yellow Generate Report buttin at the bottom of the window
- The report will display on your screen. To print the report, click the yellow Print button at the top right of the report page.