- Self-Employment: What to know to be your own boss
Being an entrepreneur means you are self-employed. What does that mean for you? This article from the US government agency the Bureau of Labor Statistics, looks at both the good stuff and the harder stuff
- Self-Employment & Entrepreneurship
Resource list from the US Department of Labor with pointers to helpful starting places for new entrepreneurs.
- Ask Jan (Job Accommodation Network)
JAN consultants handle inquiries related to self-employment and small business development for people with disabilities. This includes referrals regarding business planning, financing strategies, marketing research, disability-specific programs, income supports and benefits planning, e-commerce, independent contracting, home-based business options, and small business initiatives for disabled veterans.
- What Kind of Businesses Do People with Disabilities Start?
This blog post from the JAN (Job Accommodation Network) offers some ideas for new entrepreneurs.
- It's Tax Time! Resources for Entrepreneurs with Disabilities
A super important part of being a business owner and entrepreneur is, of course, taxes.
- Entrepreneurship Series: Entrepreneurship for People with Disabilities
Case studies of entrepreneurs with disabilities, how they got help and how they succeeded.
- Resources for Business Owners with Disabilities
Focused on small business entrepreneurs with disabilities.