If you only have one or a few documents that need to be scanned, you may consider scanning these on your iPhone, if you have one available.
1. Open the "Notes" app on the iPhone and select "Create New Note."
2. Tap the camera icon that appears just above the keyboard. Choose "Scan Documents"
3. Place your document in view of the camera and tap the shutter button to capture the image.
4. Choose "Keep Scan" or "Retake Scan: Once captured you can edit the borders. Once you choose "Keep Scan" the camera will reopen to add another page, if needed. When you are finished scanning all of your pages, press "Save."
5. The image will save to your Notes. You can edit the scan by clicking the image.
6. You can upload this scan online, email it to yourself or a third party, or even text it!
You can scan documents or photos for free to a flash drive, email, or a cloud account. The Main Library has scanning stations and copiers. The Douglass Branch has a scanner/fax/copier available. Note: You do not need to have a public library card to use the scanners.
Please visit the Champaign Public Library page for the most up-to-date hours of operation and guidelines. Questions can be directed to the Champaign Public Library.
Champaign Public Library Main Branch
200 W. Green St., Champaign, IL 61820
phone: (217) 403-2000
504 E. Grove St., Champaign, IL 61820
phone: (217) 403-2090
A scanner is available in the computer lab on the second floor of the library. Note: You do not need to have a public library card to use the scanners.
Please visit the Urbana Free Library page for the most up-to-date hours of operation and guidelines. Questions can be directed to the Urbana Free Library.
Urbana Free Library
210 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801
phone: (217) 367-4057