Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
AccessEngineering Personal Account
To register for a free personal account:
- Click on the yellow My Account button in the site header
- Select Log in via email/username
- Click Register, then fill in the form with your name, email address, and a password
- (Optional) Select topics of interest to receive email alerts when new content is added in those areas
Personal account features include:
- Create alerts for saved searches, updates to spreadsheet calculators, or new content added to the site
- Add bookmarks or labels to organize content by categories and easily retrieve saved items
- Save DataVis projects to continue where you left off or share with others
- Personal accounts are an optional feature and are not required to view or use any of the content on the site.
- Personal accounts do not replace authentication via your institution; you must first be logged in through your institution to use AccessEngineering.
AccessEngineering Personal Account Tutorial
Searching for Content in AccessEngineering
- Typeahead suggests matching taxonomy terms as you type
- Results include matches on your exact search phrase, as well as matches on synonyms, sub-terms, and near-phrase matches
- Related search terms and a dictionary definition appear in the search results
- For more complex queries:
- Boolean operators - power OR supply, power AND supply, power NOT supply
- Grouping - (power AND supply) OR (power AND demand)
- Wildcards - sup* will identify supply, support, superior
- Three browsing taxonomies were created with the help of subject matter experts
- Content is tagged to taxonomy terms using a semi-automated approach with context rules
- Select multiple terms in the browse window, or use the search bar in the window to search the taxonomy
- Browse options include:
- Browse by Subject - drill down through 10 levels of terms, starting from the major engineering disciplines
- Browse by Course - choose terms from course outlines 5 levels deep for 30 common engineering courses
- Browse by Industry - see content tagged to 11 interdisciplinary industries
- Additional terms from browse taxonomies
- Book Type (handbook, textbook, etc), Book Title and Book Author
- Book Component (chapters, figures, tables, example problems)
- Equations and Codes & Standards commentary
AccessEngineering Search Widget
Content Types in AccessEngineering
Search and read the latest editions of renowned engineering handbooks, reference, and upper-level textbooks. Filter to specific book components including figures, tables, graphs, and example problems. Categories of books on AccessEngineering include:
AccessEngineering has over 900 instructional videos created by engineering faculty that show step-by-step solutions to example problems. All videos offer closed captioning and full transcripts.
Graphs & Tables:
AccessEngineering's interactive graphs and downloadable tables help users visualize and analyze data. Pinpoint values on a graph or input specific values for the variables. Download data from tables into an Excel spreadsheet for further data manipulation.
AccessEngineering’s Excel spreadsheet calculators contain embedded data and formulas to streamline complex calculations. Download in Excel and save to your computer for offline use.
What is AccessEngineering?
AccessEngineering is an award-winning engineering references and teaching platform that delivers world-renowed, interdisciplinary engineering content integrated with analytical teaching and learning tools. AccessEngineering prepares students to solve real-world problems, makes curriculum planning and delivery easy for faculty, and helps professionals find relevant information faster, driving increased ROI.
AccessEngineering Searching & Filtering Tutorial
AccessEngineering Browsing by Subject & Course Tutorial
AccessEngineering Using Book Content Tutorial