Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The University Archives has a separate database from the Library Catalog. If you have never conducted Archival Research, please read Using the University Archives for my Research Paper. Meanwhile, keep in mind:
- The archives changes over time. Avoid frustrating searches by realizing this means archival organization changes over time as well.
- Plan your search. Do you want to search by University department? Do you have potential subject headings? Have a tactic in mind.
- Try preliminary searches. Be creative in your search. Try different language derivations on your topic.
- Identify the location. Make note of the building location of the files. Do you need to plan a trip to the Archives Research Center?
- When all else fails - ask an archivist! We have excellent people who understand the archives' complexity and are willing to help.