The University Archives has a separate database from the Library Catalog. If you have never conducted Archival Research, please read Using the University Archives for my Research Paper. Meanwhile, keep in mind:
- The archives changes over time. Avoid frustrating searches by realizing this means archival organization changes over time as well.
- Plan your search. Do you want to search by University department? Do you have potential subject headings? Have a tactic in mind.
- Try preliminary searches. Be creative in your search. Try different language derivations on your topic.
- Identify the location. Make note of the building location of the files. Do you need to plan a trip to the Archives Research Center?
- When all else fails - ask an archivist! We have excellent people who understand the archives' complexity and are willing to help.