The University Library’s priority is to serve student and faculty needs while protecting the health and safety of the campus community. We’ve had to think creatively, knowing that some students and faculty are on campus, while others are opting for a residential experience. Here is a summary of our current services.
- All UIUC-owned or licensed materials are accessible to members of the campus community, either in print, or online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service or on-demand scanning, but may take up to 14 days to be processed. Please note, the HathiTrust ETAS will end on June 13.
- Items that cannot be delivered digitally are available for pickup in the Main Library’s Marshall Gallery or in the Grainger Library Engineering Information Center.
- Remote reference and research consultations are available through the Ask a Librarian page.
- Library instruction is available remotely. Please contact a subject specialist or Ask a Librarian to schedule.
- Our Special Collections units are providing remote services and appointment-based, on-site access, as needed.
- Individual, quiet study spaces are available through advance booking in the Undergraduate Library and the Grainger Engineering Library Information Center.