VERY IMPORTANT: You are only allowed to enter each specific work one time, please make sure your file is the final copy as we cannot update a file after it has been submitted.
INFORMATION YOU NEED TO FILL OUT THE SUBMISSION FORM
In preparation of submitting your work to the Illinois Theses and Capstone Projects Submission System, make sure you have the following information and materials:
PAGE 1 – VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION
- The system will authenticate your identity through Shibboleth.
- Required: The system will pre-populate with your name, Illinois.edu email address, and your University Identification Number (UIN). It is your responsibility to make sure this information is correct. (Note: You may choose to enter a different name than what is on your official Illinois record as long as it is the same name that is on the document.)
- Required: From the dropdown menus, choose the UIUC College and Department for which you did this undergraduate research work specifically. You can view the colleges and departments: https://myillini.illinois.edu/Programs/MajorsCollege. Please note: This information MAY NOT necessarily correspond to your declared major/minor.
- Optional: From the dropdown menu, choose your Major.
- Required: Enter your permanent address and email. Your information will only reside in an internal database accessed by your department, your honor's program, and the University Library.
- Click "Save and Continue."
PAGE 2 – LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Read the license details and if you agree, click, "Save and Continue."
- If you have any questions, please contact Merinda Hensley at email@example.com
PAGE 3 – DOCUMENT INFORMATION
- You will need to fill in several fields called the "metadata" for your submission:
- Title: Enter the title of your document as it appears on your title page and please use sentence case e.g., "A tabulation of semiconductor integrals"
- Document type: Choose from the dropdown menu, "Undergraduate Thesis" or "Undergraduate Capstone Project."
- Abstract: Provide the abstract of your document. The text of the abstract should be copied and pasted from your final document into the text field. The abstract must be written in English. There is no word limit.
- Keywords: You may enter multiple keywords. Use semi-colons (;) to separate the entries.
- Language (optional): If you wrote/performed your project in a language other than English, you may choose from the selection. If your language is not in the drop down list, please contact Merinda Hensley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copyright statement: You retain copyright to your document. Please enter the date and your name to indicate that you understand e.g., 2020 Joan Smith
- Primary faculty mentor(s)/supervisor(s): If you worked with a team of faculty mentors/supervisors, enter the names of all. Use the check boxes to indicate your primary faculty mentor/supervisor and your secondary faculty mentor(s)/supervisor(s)
- Committee contact email: Please enter the Primary Faculty Mentor/Supervisor's contact email.
- Departmental Thesis Reviewer's Email: If you are in the College of LAS, please enter email@example.com.
- Funder/Grant # (optional): Check the box if you worked with a faculty mentor/supervisor as part of a larger grant project AND enter the "name of the funder" / "grant number" in the text box labelled "Identify Material." Be sure to double-check this information with your faculty mentor/supervisor before entering.
PAGE 4 – UPLOAD YOUR FILE(S)
- Upload Primary Document (required): Choose file from your computer and click "Upload" to finalize a PDF version or compressed media file of your final work (maximum file size: 50MB). Here is more information if you need to resize your file.
- Upload Additional Files NOTE: You are only allowed to enter each specific work one time, please make sure your file is the final copy as we cannot update a file after it has been submitted.
- Supplemental Files (optional): Upload only supplemental files such as audio, video, or data sets. These files must be listed in the appendix of your thesis or dissertation. This is not required.
- Source Files (optional): Upload the source files used to create your manuscript such as a Word Document, LaTeX Source file, etc. These files will be used to improve the digital preservation potential of your document. This is not required.
- Administrative Files (required): Upload additional supporting documents as required by your department e.g., LAS requires a "Thesis Certification Form" signed by "Instructor in Charge" and "Head of Department/Academic Unit"
- Under "Additional Documents" choose from the dropdown menu, choose file(s), and finalize by clicking "Upload." You must upload a copy of your signed "Thesis Certification Form."
PAGE 5 – CONFIRM AND SUBMIT
- Please verify all the information displayed below before proceeding. There is an edit option for each section on this page.
Once you click the button to approve this document, you cannot make any more changes to the form's data without contacting your local thesis office.
To finalize your submission, hit "Save and Continue." That's it! Congratulations!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
- Your submission goes to your college for the verification process. If there are any issues, the college will contact you via your illinois.edu email address.
- Once you have filled out the form, you will be sent an automatic confirmation email that your submission was received.
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR SUBMISSION WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO YOUR UNIT AND FOR PROCESSING PURPOSES, IT WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED ONLINE.
If you have any questions during this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.