Skip to Main Content

University Library, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign


Find information about federal taxes, state taxes, and tax resources. DISCLAIMER: Library staff members cannot give tax advice.

Federal Taxes

Common federal tax forms for students include:

  • Form 1040: US Individual Income Tax Return
  • Form W-2: Wage and Tax Statement
  • Forms 1098-E and 1098T: Student Loan Interest Statement and Tuition Statement