This guide will help you find and browse e-books in the library catalog. Note that if you already have a particular title in mind, you can find it if it is available simply by searching for the title using the catalog's basic search.
When searching for e-books, be sure to stay in the U of I's library catalog interface. Avoid the I-Share interface: Urbana patrons cannot borrow e-books at other I-Share libraries.
1. Go to the Advanced Search screen.
2. Enter keywords related to your topic of interest:
NOTE: an "AND" search will only show books that are related to both terms. If you want books about either term, choose "OR" from the drop-down menu. A "NOT" search will return all books related to the first term except those that are also related to the second term.
3. Under "Limit To," check the "Electronic" option for the "Version" field:
4. Continue to the "Format" field and choose "Book":
5. Choose options for other filters such as date range and language if desired.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Find":
7. Results will be automatically sorted by relevance, but you may resort them by date, author, or title:
8. If you are not on a campus computer, you will be asked to log in with your university NetID and password. If you have problems in your search, or if you cannot access a listed title, call the Chemistry Library at (217) 333-3737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.