Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search Tips for Finding Books
Places to look:
- Easy Search on the library home page, for:
- Books & articles you already know the title for
- A general, wide-ranging search at the beginning of your research
- U of I Collection, for:
- Items belonging to the U of I
- I-Share Collection, for:
- Items belonging either to the U of I or able to be requested from another I-Share institution
- Library-specific search, for:
- Beginning to narrow down your topic
Found a book that you like? Try looking for the "Virtual Browse" option in the Primo Catalog. Scanning through this function will provide you with books on similar topics.
Potential search terms:
- Mediterranean* Studies / History
- North Africa
- Middle East / Levant
- Southern Europe
- Antiquity / Ancient civilization*
- Islam / Christianity / Judaism
Religion in the Mediterranean
Ancient World Digital Library
A broad range of scholarly material related to the study of the ancient world. Initiated by the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World and New York University.
A guide to "networked open access data relevant to the study and public presentation of the Ancient Near East and the Ancient Mediterranean World."
From the National Library of France. Collections related to exchanges between France and the Eastern Mediterranean, covering 1798-1945.
Sephardic Studies Digital Collection
Digital repository of sources related to the Sephardic Jews of the Mediterranean world, including books, documents, audio recordings, and more.
A Digital Corpus for Graeco-Arabic Studies
Collection of texts translated from Greek to Arabic in addition to Arabic commentary and secondary sources.