Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Catalog Search Fields
If you're having trouble finding results in the Library Catalog, try changing the field in the search bar.
For example, a keyword search will usually bring up a lot more results than a subject search.
Boolean operators are words that can make your search wider or narrower.
- AND will narrow your search by only returning results that include both terms (ex. architecture AND health)
- OR will widen your search by returning results for either term (ex. architecture OR buildings)
- NOT will narrow your search by eliminating results that include that term (ex. architecture NOT American)
Other Search Tips
- If you only want results that include the entire phrase you are searching for, try putting the phrase in quotes (ex. "architectural theory")
- If you're not sure how a word is spelled or you want to find results that include multiple versions of a word, use an asterisk to replace those letter(s) (ex. architect* to return results for architect, architects, and architecture)