See the other tabs listed under this one for more information about finding journal articles.
1. Use the "Music-specific databases" tab of this guide to learn about databases just for finding music articles.
2. If you have no idea where to start looking for articles and other materials:
The Music and Performing Arts Easy Search tool (the navy box on the MPAL homepage) is really useful. Use keywords to search the Library catalog and many of our online databases to see which ones have the most results. More about how to use Easy Search.
3. If you already have a citation for a specific article:
Click the “CitationLinker” tab of the Online Journals & Databases tool. After entering the journal name, issue, author, article title, you will be directed to specific database(s) that contain the article you are looking for.
* If you know the name of the journal you want, search for the title of the journal in:
* If you want a list by subject of all of the databases the Library subscribes to, please use the Databases by Subject page.
Feel free to ask library staff if you have any questions or need any help navigating the SFX tool or Easy Search.
You can search all of the ProQuest Arts databases via this link, or, once you enter Music Periodicals Database or Performing Arts Periodicals Database click on "The Arts Databases" at the top. If that doesn't appear, click on "ProQuest" in the top left and click on "The Arts".