Logging into your library account allows you to request books and other loanable items from the University of Illinois catalog and I-Share, view and renew the items you have checked out, save materials to your favorites, run saved searches, view fines/blocks, and more. As of June 24, 2020, when the U of I Library switched to a new catalog, there is no need to create a separate library account! Current U of I students, faculty, and staff log in with your NetID and password while courtesy card borrowers log in with your assigned login and password.
1. Go to the Library homepage.
2. Look for the "My Account" button in the upper right corner of the screen. Click on it.
3. You will see a box with two choices: for U of I affiliates and for courtesy card borrowers. Click on the appropriate choice for your status.
6a. Courtesy card borrowers and Fulfillment Proxies will see a place to enter your User ID and password. Your User ID will be the 14-digit number on your Courtesy Card, without any spaces. Please contact the Circulation Department to get your password for the new catalog system..
6b. U of I users will be prompted to log in with a current NetID and will be sent to the 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) screen, or, if you have already logged into a U of I service that requires 2FA, it will automatically log you in. If you are unable to log in (the message "login process has failed" will show), please consult our FAQ: Why can't I log into my Library account?
Once you are logged in, you should see your name in the upper right corner of the screen:
Click on your name and you will see a drop-down menu with several options, detailed in the next section.
If you have any questions about logging into your account, Ask a Librarian.
When you log into your account there are three main sections: My Account, My Favorites, and Search History, as shown in the screen capture below:
1. My Account will take you to your account overview page with the following options.
2. My Favorites and Search History will take you to the same place with the following options.