Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
POSTER PRINTING CHECKLIST
- Student presenters are responsible for printing and bringing their posters to the Symposium at the time they are scheduled to present. You will not be giving these to OUR in advance. Because local print shops will be busy around this time of the year, we encourage you to have your poster submitted for printing no later than a week before the Symposium.
- Remember to size your poster correctly for your event. e.g., Undergraduate Research Symposium is 48 inches by 36 inches. Double-check the size of your slide using our instructions.
- If you created your own template, make sure you resize the PPT slide BEFORE adding any text or images. This will prevent pixelation when the poster is printed.
- Save your file as a PDF before sending it to be printed.
- Posters will be hung on movable partitions, so *do not choose the foam core board option* when sending to the printer. Also, *do not laminate your poster or have it printed on poster board*.
- Print a copy of your poster on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper to make sure everything is proportional and correct.
- Have someone read over your poster to double-check all spelling and grammar. Once your poster is printed in a large size, mistakes will be very noticeable.
- Make sure your visualizations are labeled correctly and add value to your poster.
- Almost always, a poster tube will cost extra and you will only need this if you are traveling.
- Consider printing your poster on fabric, especially if you are traveling. You won't have to worry about carrying a poster tube and it should be approximately the same price. You'll need to use Illini Union Document Services or FedEx for this option.
- Technology Services Poster Printing - English Building
The ICS lab in room 8 of the English Building offers poster printing for $3 per square foot. To order simply follow the link above to the Technology Services account page, select "ICS Poster Printing" in the bottom left hand corner. Printing requires a 24 hour turnaround period. [Note: This is where most students get their poster printed] Cost: $25/each
- Beckman Institute
ITS offers a high-quality wide-format poster printing service. They also offer a do-it-yourself printing during off hours. Cost: $1.03 per linear inch
- Illini Union Document Services and Campus Mail
With nearly 20 different material options, they offer quick turnaround and low prices with free delivery to campus departments and billing to university accounts. Printing on fabric is one of their most popular items, making traveling with posters easy. Estimates and proofing are available when requested. Cost: Pricing fluctuates due to materials and size of poster; you may request an estimate anytime.
The most expensive option, approximately $80-$120, depending on the size, amount of color, and type of paper (36" by 48" = $130). Save money by designing your poster without a colored background, ask for lightweight paper and do not laminate your poster (unless you want to keep it). Order the poster online and select a nearby FedEx location to pick it up at. Allow yourself plenty of time when ordering from FedEx, the turnaround can be at least 36 hours.
- Martin One Source
Professional printing service that is local. Turnaround time 48-72 hours. Call ahead. $5 per square foot, so for a 40” by 30” poster the cost would be approximately $42.