Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics professors and graduate students, and supported primarily by your donations.
Enhanced Electronic Grammars
Enhanced Electronic Grammars Online
Enhanced Electronic Grammars (EEG) features comprehensive descriptions of languages from around the world. Through this unique online resource, full grammars are made available together in an interlinked and semantically-annotated format, allowing granular access to the grammatical data and enabling cross-language research of several grammars at the same time. In addition to cross-linguistic queries, each grammar can also be read and researched individually.
- A sophisticated research tool specially designed for the needs of general linguists and typologists
- Enables simultaneous search across dozens of languages on hundreds of linguistic phenomena
- Makes complex multiple searches possible
- Each linguistic phenomenon is illustrated by naturalistic examples with interlinear glossing and free translations
- Focus on small and endangered languages stimulates new insights on human language
Literatures and Languages Library
Subjects: American Literature
, British Literature
, Film Studies
, Latin America
, Literature & Language