This resource is not intended to be an exhaustive list of resources in the specified areas. On the contrary, it serves as a starting point for research and a guide to important and substantive works in respective areas.
This publication offers easy access to complete historical art sales catalogues for the period 1600 to 1900. Lugt's Répertoire online database has been included in this publication and serves as the "entrance gate" to the catalogues.
For ASCO the microfiches filmed by IDC Publishers over the past decades were digitized. Online editions of the catalogues are available for almost all catalogues available by BRILL/IDC.
ASCO will be updated and supplemented regularly.
- Only online list of auction catalog records in existence.
- Provides information to auction sales catalogs from all major North American and European auction houses as well as many private sales.
- Valuable source of information on art objects, rare books, history of collecting and contemporary and historical market trends.
- Catalogs for sales from the late sixteenth century to scheduled auctions not yet held.
- Records include the dates and places of sales, the auction houses, sellers, institutional holdings, and titles of works.