The basic search option allows you to enter terms into a single search box.
If you click the “Advanced Search” link to the right of the search box, this will give you two search boxes and some limiting options, allowing you to control your search a bit more:
- Next to each search box you can limit your search to a given field, such as title, author, or subject.
- Combine search terms with AND, OR, or NOT
- AND: looks for records that include all of the search terms
- OR: looks for records that include any of the search terms – this will increase your results significantly
- NOT: looks for records that have one term but not the other term
- Limit results by material type, language, and date.
After you retrieve your results list you can tweak your results to the left of the screen. You can narrow your results by:
- Resource Type
- Creation Date