Skip to main content
- Illini Union Document Services and Campus Mail
With nearly 20 different material options, they offer quick turnaround and low prices with free delivery to campus departments and billing to university accounts. Printing on fabric is one of their most popular items, making traveling with posters easy. Estimates and proofing are available when requested.
- Technology Services Poster Printing - English Building
The ICS lab in room 8 of the English Building offers poster printing for $3 per square foot. To order simply follow the link above to the Technology Services account page, select "ICS Poster Printing" in the bottom left hand corner. Printing requires a 24 hour turnaround period.
The most expensive option, approximately $80-$120, depending on the size, amount of color, and type of paper (36" by 48" = $130). Save money by designing your poster without a colored background, ask for lightweight paper and do not laminate your poster. Order the poster online and select a nearby FedEx location to pick it up at. Allow yourself plenty of time when ordering from FedEx, the turnaround can be at least 36 hours.
- Martin One Source
$5 per square foot, so for a 40”x30” poster the cost would be approximately $42. Turnaround time 48-72 hours. Call ahead.
Poster Printing Checklist
- Give yourself plenty of time to get your poster printed, at least 2 or 3 days.
- Remember to size your poster correctly for your event. E.g. EUI Student Conference is 40" Width x 30" Height.
- If you created your own template, make sure you resize the PPT slide BEFORE adding any text or images. This will prevent pixelation when the poster is printed.
- Save your file as a PDF before sending it to be printed.
- Print a copy of your poster on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of paper to make sure everything is proportional and correct.
- Have someone read over your poster to double-check all spelling and grammar. Once your poster is printed in a large size, mistakes will be very noticeable.
- Make sure your visualizations are labeled correctly and add value to your poster.
- Do not laminate your poster or have it printed on poster board. Almost always, a poster tube will cost extra and you will only need this if you are traveling.
- Consider printing your poster on fabric, especially if you are traveling. You won't have to worry about carrying a poster tube and it should be approximately the same price. You'll need to use Illini Union Document Services or FedEx for this option.