Creating a library account allows you to request books from the University of Illinois catalog and I-Share, save materials to your Favorites, view and renew the items you have checked out, and view fines. Creating a library account is also necessary to request books through I-Share.
1. Go to the Library homepage.
2. Select the Catalog drop-down menu (in light blue menu bar).
3. Select U of I Catalog (the first option).
4. Select Login on the right-hand side of the page.
5. Select Create a New Account and complete the form.
If you have any questions about creating an account, Ask a Librarian.
When you log into your account there is a side menu with the following options: