After the library orientation session and independent review of this guide, students in Sociology 510 will be able to:
1. Identify and define types of scholarly sociological research literature.
2. Locate scholarly literature through database and catalog searches.
3. Find information about data management best practices.
3. Determine Journal Impact Factor and other methods of evaluating scholarly journals; use citation analysis tools in Web of Knowledge and/or Scopus to find research which cites a specific article/author.
4. Explore citation management tool options for organizing and storing citations and creating bibliographies.
Hours, Location, Staff Contacts, Loan Policies and more at About Us.
Need library help? Contact SSHEL!
Send e-mail to SSHEL Reference
Send message to Ask a Librarian
Call SSHEL reference desk: (217) 244-1864
To request an individual research consultation appointment with an SSHEL librarian, submit a request using the link below.