Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Policies and Guidelines for Reserving Rooms
FALL 2020 COVID-19 UPDATE: all study spaces are currently for individual, quiet study. One patron per booking, and bookings must be made in advance. Please note updated space descriptions and terms when booking. Reflection rooms are unavailable.
Reserve an Open Group Study Room at: https://uiuc.libcal.com/reserve/
Group Rooms on the Upper Level of the UGL
Group rooms have the following features:
- Space for group work, projects and conversation.
- All rooms are for group use only. Perfect for up to 6-8 people.
- Available on a first come, first serve basis. All rooms can be scheduled up to 2 weeks in advance.
- There is a 2 booking limit per week with a maximum of 2 hours per booking.
- Arrive within 15 minutes of your reserved start time. Otherwise, the reservation will be forfeited.
What's in the Room? Full contents are listed once you log into the Spaces system
- Whiteboards in each room (check out additional dry-erase markers at our circulation desk!)
- Rooms 1-10 have collaboration tables and monitors equipped with Solstice wireless presentation software. Visit http://go.illinois.edu/solstice for more info. (Not currently compatible with Chromebooks or Linux)
Reflection Rooms are intended for individuals who need a short time to “destress, regroup, meditate, stretch, or reflect”. Reflection Room A is equipped with a voice-activated scene creation system (see room for more details) and a rocking chair with ottoman. Both Reflection Rooms A & B are equipped with a stretching/rocking ball, white noise machine, and low light lamp.
Tranquility kits (fidget toys, happylight, noise canceling headphones, exercise bands) can be checked out at the Loanable Technology Desk and can be loaned for up to ten days at: https://uiuc.libcal.com/equipment/item/31064