The Library is happy to host Omeka.net sites for University of Illinois faculty, staff, students, and their project collaborators on the institutional account. This subscription provides more storage space for your site as well as additional plug-ins to make your site more dynamic and interactive.
When emailing your request for an Omeka.net site hosted by the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Library’s institutional account, you agree to the following:
- Respect the legal protection provided by copyright and license to programs and data.
- Respect the rights of others by complying with all University policies regarding intellectual property.
- Respect the rights of others by complying with all University policies regarding sexual, racial and other forms of harassment, and by preserving the privacy of personal data to which you have access. Users shall take full responsibility for messages that they transmit through the Library’s computers and network facilities.
- These and all other tenets in the UIUC Library’s Electronic Information Policy will be fully enforced. Please review the Electronic Information Policy
- Any Library-hosted Omeka.net site that violates these terms will be deactivated immediately upon notification of the violations.
Note that all Omeka.net sites on the institutional account will be reviewed annually to determine whether they are still active. Inactive accounts may be deleted, although the library will make an effort to contact the site creators as part of the determination of active status.