Skip to main content
News Media from the University Library
- Access World News - Access World News offers news from around the world in English from 1977 – present. Sources include articles from Newspapers, newswires, transcripts, online news, blogs, journals, college and university newspapers, videos and newsletters.
- LEXIS UNI - Full-text database of news, law reviews and company information
- Watching America - This is an independent web site that translates a wide variety of newspaper articles.
- Library PressDisplay - Facsimile front pages and papers from around the world for the last week.
- Ethnic NewsWatch: Ethnic News Watch includes full text publications for 200 newspapers and journals of the ethnic, minority, and native press from 1959 – present.
- World Newspaper Archive: Identifies articles from hundreds of Newspapers from around the United States and the World.
- Elsevier Science Medical Newspapers: Features newspapers that cover medical topics.
- Emerging Markets Information Service (EMIS): Formerly known as ISI Emerging Markets. Multilingual collection of news and information sources about the emerging markets of selected countries in Latin America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and North Africa. Includes full-text primary news sources, financial data, statistics, and legal information.
- UIUC Newspaper Library Online Historical Newspaper Collection: Links to online archives of newspapers from around the World and the US, which mostly start in the 19th or 20th centuries.
The Peace Palace - Den Haag
- World Food Programme: The largest humanitarian agency fighting world hunger worldwide.
- World Security Network: An independent global action network for foreign and defense affairs.
- Human Rights Watch: An independent organization dedicated to protecting human rights.
- USAID: USAID provides foreign aid. The website provides information on its initiatives.
- UN.GIFT - United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Trafficking, the largest and most public hub of the UN to work towards combating human trafficking.
- Amnesty International - International, well-known human rights non-governmental organization with systems of tracking human trafficking and slavery, as well as assistance programs.
- Human Rights Organizations & ResourcesThis page contains names of human rights organizations, other organizations doing substantial amounts of human rights work, and resources (such as libraries and internet-based information) of use to human rights activists and researchers.
- Relief Web - Provides information on global crises and disasters. Many great reports and interactive maps.
- Oxfam - Targets the root causes of poverty.