We all know that the past couple of years have changed how we approach out work. More of us are working from home or now participate in hybrid remote and in-person work/school.
It’s more important now than ever that we not only stay organized, but that we prioritize setting boundaries between work/school and the rest of our lives. Your ability to set boundaries can depend on several factors, and different strategies may work for you.
- Set your work hours to the extent that you are able to and communicate these hours to classmates and colleagues
- Limit the number of hours you work per day
- Stop working when you are not being productive
- Let leisure time be leisure time - stay off your email!
- Avoid working at the dining room table or kitchen - keep meals and leisure separate from work
- Set up a work space if you don't have an on-campus or home office
- Leave work at work