Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University Library Weblinks
Creating Accessible Podcasts
Why make accessible podcasts?
- Podcast users often prefer a text version with which to follow along, whether or not they are able to listen to the audio.
- Audio is not available in all computing environments, and may not be easily used with some assistive technology.
- Search engines will more easily pick up transcripts, and they are easier to link directly.
Accessible practices to consider:
- Create and follow a script before recording
- Include a final transcript in at least one alternate format
- Add image and link descriptors to all visual content
- Caption any included video