Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Accessible Technology Initiative at California State University offers a fantasic short summary video on PowerPoint Accessibility, with closed captioning.
Watch Summary in a new window,
or select the picture below for more viewing options.
Watch ATI's other videos on
specific topics in PowerPoint accessibility.
ATI's video presenter Nora Scully, Accessible Technology Training Consultant at San Francisco State University.
Creating Accessible PowerPoints
Presentation viewers may have many different learning styles and preferences.
Some elements to consider before you finish a project:
- How is the balance of images, audiovisuals, and textual information?
- Is alt text present on each image and link?
- Are the font sizes and slide colors easy to see?
- In what order are the objects on each slide?
- Do the ideas and content flow well?
- Can your presentation be viewed in other formats?