You've decided to start using social media in your organization, but aren't sure how to begin. Here are seven questions to ask yourself as an organization, courtesy of Getting Social Media Right: A Short Guide for Nonprofit Organizations:
- What is my organization's mission
can social media help me achieve it?
- What is the right role for social media
in our overall communications efforts?
- What groups of people might we reach (or
create) through social media?
- How can we help our communities? How do
our constituents want to be engaged?
- What is the real cost of making social
media work for us?
- How can we use social media to raise
money for our cause?
- Who is our competition in the social
media space, and how can we differentiate our organization?