Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using Morae: Part 1 Recording the User
- Start Morae Recorder
- Keep the “Default Study” options that appear, click through any other welcome messages, and select OK
- Arrange your user in the seat, and (if necessary) adjust the tilt of the camera to capture them.
- When you are ready to begin recording, click the large Red “Click to start recording” button in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Run your user study
- To stop recording, right-click the Morae Icon in the task bar:
- Give your recording a name and save it. PLEASE NOTE it is imperative that you save this recording at this point. If you forget, or you/your user accidentally cancel at this point, your recording will be lost forever.
- Once the file has been saved, click OK:
- At this point, you can prepare for the next subject (go back to step 3) or you can export your recording to an AVI or WMV format that you can view at your leisure on your office computer. If you are done with recording sessions and are ready to export, close the Morae Recorder program and proceed to the next section. Otherwise, go back to step 3, above.