Each item in the library catalog is assigned one or more subject heading to tell you what it is about. You can search by these terms as a Subject Search and also click on them when you find them to find similar items. Here are some suggestions for headings to try:
- Dance accompaniment music [recordings and scores for use in dance classes]
- Dance: Can be used with other subject terms to specify needed terms. Includes anthropological aspects, biography, social aspects, study and teaching (e.g., Dance--Biography).
- Types or styles of dance can be found by coupling the dance name with the term "dance" (e.g. Hip-hop dance, Dance--Ballet, Dance--Aerobic Dancing).
- Dance types can also be found as singular terms (e.g., Ballroom Dancing, Ballet--History)
- Dancers: Used to refer to specific traits of dancers (e.g. Dancers--wounds and injuries).
- For information about dance for aging or handicapped, use "dance for the aged" or "dance for the handicapped."
You can also try headings that are related to particular time period, such as:
- Baroque Dance
- Performance practice (Music)--17th century
- Performance practice (Music)--18th century
- Dance--17th century
- Dance--18th century.
You can also include geographic indicators such as:
- Dance - United States - History.
- Dance - Social aspects - United States.