The Journal and Article Locator is a tool that allows you to search for an article given a full citation or most of a full citation.
Go to the University Library's homepage and click the "Databases and Journals" tab. Then select "Journal and Article Locator."
Fill in as much of the citation information as you have.
If we subscribe to the journal that the article appear in and you put in all of the article's information--or use a DOI--you will be automatically redirected to the article.
If the Journal and Article Locator does not have enough information (for example if you did not have a year or volume number to enter) or if the search fails, you will be taken to a Journal and Article Locator Results screen.
If there is a link saying "Article Match," check to see if it takes you to the article you are looking for.
If it is not the right article, you will want to find the journal to see if we subscribe to it (this is discussed in the next section).
The Online Journals & Databases tool allows you to search by title for journals, newspapers, and databases.
1. The Online Journals & Databases tool can be accessed from the Library homepage. Go to the "Databases and Journals" tab in the light blue bar underneath Easy Search and select "Online Journals and Databases."
2. Type the title of the journal you are looking for into the search box. You can choose "starts with" if you know exactly how the title starts. Otherwise, choose "contains."
3. Scroll through the results page until you locate the correct title. If more than one database has that journal, check the "Available from" description underneath each listed databases to make sure you choose one that includes the date the article you are looking for was published.
4. When you click on the journal of database title, a new 'Discover' window will pop up. Click the database link to continue on to the publication.
5. Once in the journal, there will be a section that lists all of the years, volumes, and issues. You can locate your article within the correct volume and issue.