Policies for the Rooms at the Social Sciences Health and Education Library
Reserve an Open Group Study Room at: http://uiuc.evanced.info/Dibs
SSHEL Collaboration Rooms
The Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL) has two group study rooms, located in SSHELL North (Room 100, Main Library). Room 100G accommodates up to 4 people, and Room 100H accommodates up to 6 people. These rooms may be used for group study sessions, presentation practice, and other collaborative educational work. Both rooms have a table and chairs with outlets for laptops. Room 100H also includes a TV monitor which you can hook up to your laptop or computer as well as a dry erase board, dry erase markers and eraser. Cables are included; however, laptop/computer is not included.
Online Room Reservation System
If you have trouble using the Online Room Reservation System, please call SSHEL at 217-244-1864 or visit the Library for assistance.
Instructions for Reserving a Collaboration Room
- Rooms in SSHEL, Grainger-Engineering, Funk-ACES, the Undergraduate Library, and the Chemistry Library can be reserved using the Online Room Reservation System.
- Search for a group study room in any of the libraries by number of people, length of time, time of day, and date.
- Rooms in each of the libraries have different resources and set-ups. Select a library/building and then select a time to view a photo and short description of rooms that are available in a specific library at a specific time.
- To return to a previous screen use the breadcrumbs (words in the blue banner). Do not use your browser's back button!
- Once you found a room you would like to reserve, click on the room, and enter your first and last name and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign email address.
- Click on Call D!BS!
- Group study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per room per day per patron. Additionally, you may have only have two reservations total for SSHEL group study rooms in a two-week period.
- After 2 hours of use, another member of the group may renew the reservation one time (maximum of 2 additional hours) IF the room is not already requested or reserved.
- Standing reservations (such as every Wednesday at 3 P.M.) are not permitted.
- Rooms can be reserved up to fourteen days in advance.
- The group member who reserved the room must check in at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library).
- In the event of a late arrival, the room will be held for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time.
- When the room is not reserved, it is available on a first come, first served basis for a maximum of 2 hours per group per day. Groups without a reservation should check in at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library) at the desired time of use.
Room Use Requirements
- Use of the room is limited to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students, faculty, or staff with a valid and current Illinois email address.
- Rooms may be used by groups only, with a minimum of 2 people. Individual use is not permitted.
- Rooms may not be used for regular class meetings, office hours, virtual meetings, or library staff meetings or events.
- Rooms open for use 30 minutes after SSHEL opening time and close 30 minutes before SSHEL closing time each day. See SSHEL hompage for hours.
- Food is not permitted in the the rooms. Drinks in containers with lids are permitted.
- All SSHEL, University Library, and University policies apply while using collaboration rooms. See SSHEL Policies.